Chloride ions are widely present, such as salt, sweat, sea water, sea breeze, soil and so on.
Stainless steel in the presence of chloride ions in the environment, corrosion is fast, even more than ordinary low carbon steel, chloride ions and alloy elements in Fe to form a complexes, the FE positive potential reduced, and then by the oxidizer snatched electrons and oxidized.
Therefore, the use of stainless steel environment requirements, and need to wipe frequently, remove dust, keep clean and dry. 316 and 317 stainless steel is a type of molybdenum-containing stainless steel. 317 The molybdenum content in stainless steel is slightly higher than 316 stainless steel. Because of the molybdenum in 316 stainless steel, the total performance of the steel is better than 310 and 304 stainless steel, under high temperature conditions, when the concentration of sulfuric acid is less than 15% and higher than 85%, 316 stainless steel has a wide range of applications. 316 stainless steel also has good resistance to chloride erosion, so it is commonly used in the marine environment.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Introduction to stainless Steel tubes
- Detailed introduction of stainless steel tubes
- Development of stainless steel tubes
- Trade situation of stainless steel pipe
- Classification of stainless steel tubes
- Wenzhou Stainless steel industry
- Application prospect of stainless steel pipe
- Stainless steel pipe domestic prospect
- Connection mode of stainless steel pipe
- Application requirements of stainless steel tubes
- Description of Boiler Tube Grades & Recommended...
- CAUSES OF TUBING FAILURES